Presented at NBOA in Orlando, FL, March 3, 2014
How this works
- Read or skip my 11 Random Facts
- Read or skip my 11 answers to Carl's questions that need answers
- Read and answer, don't skip, my 11 questions for you
- Post a link to your answers along with your 11 questions
11 Random Facts:
- I speak Italian (and Spanish - but I live in Miami, so that's not special)
- I have a B.M. (Bachelor of Music) in Music Education with an emphasis in Choral Conducting (and I LOVE music theory)
- Technically, I've been paid to sing in the Vatican, Rome, Florence, Salzburg, Vienna, London, St. Alban's, Budapest, Munich, and quite a few other European cities.
- My favorite drink is an Old Fashioned.
- Cooking is my therapy and, according to those lucky enough to experience it, I'm pretty darn good at it.
- My middle name is M.
Really, whoever filled out my birth certificate was so lazy, they abbreviated my middle name.
- My only pet peeve is people who only say hi or engage in conversation whenever they need something.
- I've never played a game of Monopoly.
- I've flown a plane and jumped out of one. (not the same flight)
- I've been to Disney World every year since I was born (most years, multiple times) which was the same year it opened.
- My wife is my absolute favorite person to hangout with.
Carl Hooker's 11 questions that need answers:
- Who was your best boss EVER and why? My Current one, Silvia Larrauri. She knows where to place her trust and how to support!
- If you could go to any event in the world, what would it be and why? Miami Device. Because that's my new baby. ;)
- Have you ever cried at a YouTube video? If so, which one? No. But if my daughters' births were there, I would.
- What’s your most guilty pleasure? Spending tons of money on a really good food experience (preferably in Vegas!).
- What’s the biggest prize/money you’ve ever won? Pfft! A couple hundred on a Disney cruise playing Bingo.
- What makes you nervous? Feeling unprepared for a speaking event.
- How do you explain your job to people? I help teachers learn how to best use technology to support their mission of creating innovative, curious, and enthusiastic learners.
- What software/program needs to go away forever? Anything that tries to assess learning using multiple choice answers.
- What is your secret super-power? The ability to detect subtle miscommunications in interpersonal interactions.
- How many devices do you have in your home that connect to the internet? 18 (plurality goes to Apple)
- What’s your proudest moment? Besides the obvious, like becoming a dad?!... The first time I crossed a finish line after completing the Couch-to-5K running plan.
My 11 Questions:
- What's your true reason for answering this question?
- Favorite recipe? (Provide URL if possible)
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- What superpower would you love to have for a day?
- What's the last thing you would give up?
- Fill in the blank: If I could take a pill and get rid of _____, I'd take it right away!
- What could you always use more of?
- What's a popular phobia that you don't have?
- Who would you love to interview and what would one of the questions be?
- What's the one YouTube video everyone should watch?
- If you could hire anyone to work for you, who would it be?
EdTech Teacher iPad Summit, Boston, MA - November 14 & 15, 2013
Parent presentation at St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School, November 4, 2013
Presented on September 16, 2013 at Mobile Learning Experience 2013, Tucson, AZ